Semester 1 of 4th year has came to an end and I haven’t had a chance until now to share with you how my projects went. Within the first project, which was also based around my sketchbook work I had the opportunity to sample as much as possible and try different techniques and structures through my knit samples. By doing this I learned a lot and also began to realise what my strengths were and what I want to push forward into next semesters work. I used techniques such as intarsia, drop stitch and space dyed yarns in my samples and they were produced on 7 gauge V-Bed machine, standard domestic machine or a 5 gauge and 12 gauge Shima Seike industrial machine. All the fibres I used were natural fibres, mainly working in cashmere, lamora and wool.